Sunday, April 1, 2012

HypnoBirthing Birth Story

This is a story from a new first-time mom who took my class.

Cindy:

Sorry it has taken me so long to thank you for the HypnoBirthing class. I wanted to share my amazing birthing story with you. I delivered an eight pound boy with absolutely NO pain medicine.

My labor was 18 hours and was filled with a lot of excitement. It all started when I went to the hospital at 1 AM because I thought my water broke and my contractions were like 4 minutes apart. I soon found out there are different kinds of contractions and my urine was leaking it was not the water breaking and I was only one cm. So I went home and woke up at 7 AM feeling a lot more intense contractions.

I returned to the hospital at 10 AM and was 3 cm. Seeing how we were in the middle of massive renovations I decided the hospital was the best place to labor. I was lucky to have an awsome nurse who gave me a silicone hep lock and didnt evaluate me unless I requested it. She even let me go outside and eat too! The only pain I felt was at the beginning before listening to my HypnoBirthing cd. The CD helped me breathe through the contractions and suddenly the pain dissapeared. I got tired of the hospital and decided to try the nipple stimulation and thanks to my husband, my water broke probably 10 minutes later.

I was breathing down the baby until my doctor said if I didnt start pushing I would not be able to have my baby vaginally (how rude). So I pushed the baby out in 15 minutes. I delivered only 2 hours after my water breaking! Thanks for everything I loved giving birth so much I wanna have another baby soon! I love being a mom too!

P.S. - During labor I enjoyed rocking back and forth holding onto my husband, the bed, on the birthing ball, on the toilet and also enjoyed showering a few times and walking. Another thing I forgot to mention, resting when I got tired was really really important. I just popped the tape in and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment